Saturday, September 1, 2007

Breaking up.

My coffee is getting cold.
There is silence in the air.
We are not even looking at each other
And it’s not like we don’t care.

The thing is that past few weeks,
Things haven’t been the way it used to be.
And both of us have realized,
That it’s time we analyzed
…. Our relationship…

And even before she says those words,
About breaking up and how much it hurts her.
I wish I could just go back in time,
When we used to talk all night,
Share our secrets and sometimes, even fight.

But I don’t even try to stop her,
From doing the inevitable.
I know how hard it’s gonna be for both of us alone.
But it’s better than going through hell together.

So softly she makes her point,
How things are not gonna work out fine.
And I nod concordantly,
Telling her how things could have been.

With misty eyes she tells me,
That good friends we should always be.
Although it was a great idea,
I knew how untrue it was gonna be.


She leaves and I get back to my coffee cold,
Thinking about things, new and old.
Wondering how life’s gonna be living apart,
Is this the end or just the start
…. Of my misery…

- sh!Ne.


My First Poem :)

12 comments:

dreamer said...

dude... i really hope that this is fiction...

s h ! N e said...

ofcourse it is :)

wrote it like 3 years ago ... have to make it a song man ...

Vijay Gokhale said...

Dude....

have read it in d past...and read it again...and its too good man...

makes me wanna write a poem myself, but after i write the first line i realise i aint No poet...

Really awesome....

"Coffee is getting Cold", fav line

Arvind said...

what if the coffee was mochachillo? :P

Anonymous said...

dude....nice poem....though i don't recollect it if it was 3 years ago....:P

Unknown said...

Too good for any critical remark ;)

You are really good at writing stuff .. should write more often

Ameya said...

Dude.. dont know how I had missed reading this earlier. Lovely! So has a song been made already?! And where are new ones?

Btw, cannot help but chuckle on what comment arvind has posted! So ~typical!!! :D

Krunal said...

Sh!ne.... You write too good man... when do you get time to do all this...?

Unknown said...

this poem is tooo good.....too close to reality.......u have done an excellent job man...........

Unknown said...

very touchy....

Unknown said...

Hey Shine,
U rock man! Awesome, too good!...
I loved it!...it touched my heart!!!...would look out for more coming from you in future...keep it up...god bless you

Daneshia said...

hey liked it!
but... :(